Monday, October 28, 2013

one fine day

G and I have sort of decided that sometimes, you have to kind of forsake practicality and just do things that are good for your soul. So last week, G surprised me with tickets to the Biltmore House.

The Vanderbilts are one of the wealthiest families in American history and have homes in New York, Rhode Island, and this one, in Asheville, NC. It's a lovely piece of history and worth the trip, at least once.


This past Saturday was my second visit to Biltmore. G took me for my birthday almost 2 years ago. I think I took like 5 photos last time, none of which were any good. All the photos today are SOOC (straight out of the camera) because I'm in graduate school and I don't have time to edit and also because my photoshop decided to stop working and I don't have time to fix it.

Please feel free to donate to my "I need a macbook pro and lightroom and 85mm lens fund". Just kidding. I don't have that fund. But maybe someday, right?

Okay. On to some pictures.


Try to imagine it without the mini buses.


You aren't allowed to take any photos inside the house, which is amazing. But the outside has so much hand carved detail that I could literally stare at it all day long.



Those long narrow windows to the left of the above photo is the grand staircase. My favorite part of the outside of the house, I think.


Look at that handsome guy.


This is carved into some of the pillars. See what I mean about detail? It's amazing.







G also served as my model for the day. He came up with this pose all by himself. I'm impressed.









I'm not sure why, but I love this candid shot of G.


G and I hit the jackpot with this picture. The girl that offered to take it has the same camera as me and took this photo in full manual mode. Thanks random girl for capturing us together!


Like a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment