Thursday, January 16, 2014

the prayer i didn't pray

i'm not typically a procrastinator, especially when it concerns school. 
just ask G. he will gladly recount the many times i've placed school related activities at such a high premium that i forgot he even existed. i jest. mostly.

however, the winter break inspired a complacency within me that even sloths would scoff at. 
and in the haze of christmas joy i procrastinated in ordering my spring textbooks.
until two weeks before school. which i really didn't think would be an issue thanks to amazon prime and free two day shipping. 

only the texts i needed were unavailable for two day shipping.

alas, i placed my order through my school's online bookstore a full 10 days before the start of spring classes and expected both of them to arrive in plenty of time. except that 4 days later, the aforementioned bookstore unexpectedly cancelled my order.

um, thanks?

so i did what any rational adult would do. i panicked. and i cried. until finally i was forced to place another order and concede that i would not receive one of my texts in time for the first day of class. maybe not even the first week of class.

which led to more crying and more panicking. it's just a book. and i thought my whole educational career was crumbling at my feet.

so i prayed about it. except i didn't pray about it. i didn't even think about praying about it.

and then two days later...


my package arrived. it was sent priority two day even though i had been told that wasn't an option


and God whispered to me beautiful words about trust and faithfulness through that padded envelope.


and even James the kitty rejoiced over the grace of God demonstrated through two day priority mail.


i'm thankful that God is faithful even when i'm not paying attention. that he gives good gifts. the very best gifts. and i'm thankful that God used priority two day shipping to remind me that he loves me.


what are you thankful for? link up on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with #thankfulthursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment